Source | Linkedin.com | By :Bernard Marrr, Internationally best selling author
It’s one thing to read an inspiring quote on business or leadership from Henry Ford or Thomas Edison — but really, what do those guys know about the leadership challenges of today’s business leaders?
Data, AI, businesses as platforms, the sharing economy, robots, millennials, work-life balance, startups and thought leaders… Modern leaders face much different problems and different circumstances than our predecessors, and so we need a new generation of successful leaders to inspire us.
Take these 20 as a good place to start:
- “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” — Ken Blanchard
- “Done is better than perfect.” — Sheryl Sandberg
- “Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine.” — Peter Sondergaard, Senior Vice President, Gartner
- “The world is one big data problem.” — Andrew McAfee
- “Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work.” — Seth Godin
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
- “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.” — Steve Jobs, CEO Apple
- “Lots of companies don’t succeed over time. What do they fundamentally do wrong? They usually miss the future.” — Larry Page, Google
- “Today, competition can come from just about anywhere at any time. No business is completely safe, especially in the long-term.” ― Phil Simon, author
- “I also think that employees these days expect less of a separation of work and personal life. That doesn’t mean that work tasks should encroach upon our personal time, but it does mean that employees today expect more from the companies for whom they work. Why shouldn’t your workplace reflect your values? Why is ‘giving back’ not a part of our jobs? The answer for us is to integrate philanthropy with work.” ― Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of Salesforce Readon….