Source | thegrowthfaculty.com | By| Christine Kininmonth
Making goals is not the same as reaching goals. Execution is the answer, but execution is almost always the problem.
Leadership training institute Franklin Covey says the breakdown in execution occurs in 4 ways:
1. Managers and work teams don’t know the goal.
2. Managers and teams don’t know what to do to achieve the goal.
3. They don’t keep score.
4. They are not held accountable.
In summary: The 4DX framework for increased productivity
Franklin Covey’s solution lies in the framework “The 4 Disciplines (4DX)”.
In a nutshell, they are:
- Focus on the Wildly Important.
- Act on the Lead Measures (the actions – not the result).
- Keep a Compelling Scoreboard.
- Create a Cadence of Accountability.
The 4DX model has lifted productivity at: Marriott International, ANZ Bank, ConvaTec, Harley Davidson, Shaw Industries (a carpet-making subsidiary of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.), Ritz Carlton, Bolinda audio books, Dell, NSW Transport, Lockheed Martin, Downer, and Pfizer.