Source | khalidraza9.wordpress.com
- Draw a Venn diagram. Whatever be the size of the circles, it always works.
- Step out for a phone call, saying “Sorry, I have to, have to take this.” You will be an instant hero.
- Take notes like there is no tomorrow, and nod your head vigorously, to every argument presented. Pro-Tip: Don’t know what to write? Just write the first word of every sentence you hear. It always fills the pages.
- Repeat the last thing which that super-achiever just said, but repeat it slowly. Say, “Let me just repeat that” and then repeat it slowly, One-word-at-a-time. Bingo! His excellence has been transferred to you now.
- Pace around the room, go to a corner, sigh deeply, and then think something. People will wonder, woo.. what the hell is happening in his mind.
- Disconnected from the presentation? No matter which slides the presenter is on, just ask him/her to go back a slide. Suddenly, you are inside the presentation.
- A special one for Startups: If its a startup, then no matter what is the idea or the theory, ask, “Will this scale?” This simple question will force everyone to notice you. And make you a super-knowledge provider of anything and everything.
- Smartly translate percentage into fractions. Like the presenter just said 25% of all visitors buy this product. You say, “You mean one out of four?”, and then quickly take a note. People will start respecting you more.
- Really not sure where the meeting is going as you were taking a power nap? No issues dear. Just say, “guys, guys, guys. Can we take a step back?” and then stop. After 3 seconds, say loudly, “Exactly what problem are we going to solve here?” And boom..! You are back into the picture and in a more respected manner.