Source | http://www.timesnownews.com
Automatic transfer of employees’ provident fund (EPF) while changing jobs will be initiated once first payment in respect of the new employee is received from present employer against the UAN flagged for auto-transfer, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), said in a circular.
The EPFO also mentioned the other necessary functionalities required to carry out auto transfer of EPF on change of job. Here are they:
1) Members, whose UAN and aadhaar number is entered and matched by the present employer against the existing details as available against the UAN would be marked for auto transfer, the EPFO said in a circular.
2) The Aadhaar number of the employee must have been seeded and verified against the UAN at the previous establishment level.
3) Member’s details like date of joining, date of exit and reson of exit should be available in respect of previous employment.
4) Member’s UAN must have been activated and mobile number must be available.
5) SMS and e-mail will be sent to the member once the auto transfer is initiated.
6) The member can request to stop the auto initiated transfer either online using the “stop auto initiated claim cases” functionality provided in the “track claim status” link under “online services” tab in the member portal or through present employer or by approaching the nearest EPFO ffice within a limit of 10 days of receipt of SMS informing the member of auto initiation of transfer request at unified portal.