How to Get More Energy After Work
If you leave work and feel like hitting the pillow straight away, it can be a struggle to achieve that hallowed work/life balance professionals hear so much about. If your chronotype makes you allergic to mornings, you probably prefer hitting the gym after work. The catch? You’re too tired to go! Likewise if you have dinner plans or other night-time arrangements. Here’s how you can get be more productive at the end of your business day:
- Leave your gym bag in the car and change at work, then go straight away. By not going home first, you remove an extra step and can ride that energy straight to the treadmill!
- Have a 4 PM snack to refuel. Nutritionists recommend an apple and almond butter to rev you up for the night ahead.
- Fill up on carbs if you’re going to the bar. Carbs can help absorb alcohol. Left unchecked, alcohol can seriously mess up your sleep schedule.
- Don’t check your emails. Studies have found that working over 50 hours a week makes employees less productive and more prone to burnout, AKA chronic exhaustion.
- See a doctor. Constant fatigue can be a sign of an underlying health issue. If you’re getting enough sleep and still find yourself struggling to stay awake come quitting time, you should visit your doctor for a quick check up.