Source | PeopleMatters
Recruitment is the starting point of most HR activities and is an age-old activity that most organizations need to conduct to sustain and grow their business. Attracting and retaining talent continues to be a challenge for most companies even today. Businesses have always looked at using the existing technology tools to be able to attract, assess, and hire the best talent available for their business.
If you are particularly interested in getting a nice infographic on history of recruitment technology then you may click here.
It’s no surprise that within the HR Tech space, Recruitment Tech; is one of the most crowded places today and continues to attract a lot of attention from both HR Tech entrepreneurs and investors.
Over the years the recruitment technology has evolved from print media ads to now social media playing an important role in the entire recruitment process. The recruitment technology can be looked at from external & internal perspective.
- What do I do to attract relevant talent for my organization?
- What technology platforms and tools do I use to ensure that my employee value proposition is effectively and efficiently presented to my target audience at the point of contact?
- How do I engage my prospective employee in a meaningful interaction to ensure that I help them with the application process?
These are some of the questions that organizations routinely ask and look for solutions for the same when they are looking at recruitment from an external perspective.
- How do I manage the inflow of applications & ensure that the same is processed effectively & efficiently internally?
- How do I track & monitor progress and evaluate performance of my recruitment team or function?
- How do I manage the candidate experience and expectations with my internal realities while ensuring the process is robust to give me quality candidates for the designated roles?
- How do I engage my existing employees in my recruitment process? How do I track, monitor, & reward employees for their participation?
- How do I make the process of movement within organization across departments for my internal talent easy & effective?
These are some of the questions that organizations continue to seek answers to and increasing are turning to technology solutions for most of these aspects.
The good news is there is a solution for almost all of these aspects and the solutions available vary from “point solutions”, which solve a particular problem really well, to a suite of solutions stitched together to create a specific experience for both candidates and your recruiters.
We will now look at the various categories of recruitment technologies that are currently available in the market. In this list, we have tried to categorize various companies both Indian and global, based on the primary function they perform in the recruitment space.