I hope you’ve experienced the other side, too. You walk in the door and are gob smacked by a sense of well-being. This is not just a place where people work, it’s a place that WORKS. The employees want to be there and they want YOU to be there. You feel your brow relax, and the corners of your mouth head ever-so-slightly north. You do not want to leave.
So which of these do YOU work in?
Now, which of these environments do you think Your employees rather work in?
So you’re wondering if that six-headed, chain-smoking, flatulent monster that’s been “hiding” in the supply closet is the Beast we’re talking about here.
Here Are 9 Symptoms of a Dysfunctional Workplace:
- People say one thing and mean another
2. People give lip service to new ideas, only to under them in private
4. Saying you’ll do something and then not doing it
6. Deflection of feedback and brake
7. People pretending they “missed the memo on that one”
8. Refusal to deal with conflict
9. Gossip and backstabbingWhen you think of a dysfunctional organization, you might picture a lot of screaming and yelling. But take a close look at this list. There’s very little that has to do with raised voices, and the only mention of “conflict” is the failure to deal with it directly.
You will have conflicts in the workplace. The key is to address it in a healthy and productive way. Yelling at someone is not the best way to communicate displeasure, but it’s a heck of a lot better than whispering that person’s back, which gets us into the excruciating,…[ad_2]