By | Richard Branson | Virgin
January is a time for setting challenges, embarking upon adventures and putting together plans to push yourself. Challenges are one of the best ways to spark innovation, test your mettle, change the world and change yourself. I’m exciting about lots of challenges this year, not least continuing to tackle all your#challengerichard suggestions, and taking on the Virgin Strive Challenge. In the meantime, here are 10 of my favourite quotes about challenge, in all its forms.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life. – Amy Poehler
- Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional. – Roger Crawford
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
- Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky. – Sonia Gandhi
- It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. - Muhammad Ali
- Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are. – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- The manager accepts the status quo; the leader challenges it. W- Warren Bennis
- Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them. – John C. Maxwell
- If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are? – T.S. Eliot
What challenges are you going to take on and overcome this year?